Saturday, August 2, 2008

love, liberty, disco

Well I successfully went to the REI garage sale this morning and only spent 8 dollars. And I was there for 5 freaking hours too. They started at 8, so we got there a little after 7. And didn't get let in until about 1030. Sheesh. I think I'm either not going again, so I'm just going to go ahead and spend the night.

But I wasn't looking for much today, and I found it. A pair of Chaco sandals for Ginny for 20 bucks, and something random for me. Which ended up being some bike fenders for 83 cents that didn't have any hardware. Hopefully I can rig at least one of them up, I think it was a good risk. And I had 10 dollars left on a gift card from christmas I'd forgotten about and a 3 dollar dividend to use, so I only had to actually spend 8, it was awesome. The sandals even fit her. They're regularly 70 and I essentially got them for 7, so I think it was worth my time.

We tried to watch some of the Flugtag, but it was just waaay crowded. By my estimate there was definitely more people there for that than there was for Obama, but Oregonlive seems to be calling it a push at 80k. Ended up sitting on a bench at OMSI, we could see objects falling and people jumping in after them, but not specifically what they were. But I just enjoy being part of a crowd.

2 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

We thought, albeit ever so briefly, about going to the farfergnugen.

I wonder if the BO administration will fly any better than any of Saturday's projectiles?

Unknown said...

good posts Luke, fun to see whats up