Saturday, December 20, 2008

No Snowmen

All this wintry blast, and I have yet to see one snowman in this town. I think I'm going to have to rectify that tomorrow. Rode the MAX back through downtown this evening and the place was a ghost town. The train was certainly full, but when I got off at 4th to transfer to the yellow I walked around a bit in amazement at the peace and quiet around me. I had stopped at saturday market this morning on my way out and there were pretty much no customers. I felt pretty bad for all the folks selling there who probably weren't going to have that great of a christmas this year; between the economy and the weather in Portland I'll bet sales are waaaay down. But seriously, go make a snowman.

3 comments:

Phil said...

I bet the poor snowmen would be blown to bits. It's crazy windy out there! Either that, or the snow around them would quickly reach the level of the highest ball.

Unknown said...

This snow is to dry to even make a decent snow ball let alone a snow man it needs some humidity!!

Kathi said...

We made a snowman on Thursday, but he melted away. I'll have to get the kids on than pronto!