Thursday, May 15, 2008

Apparently its going to go straight from winter to summer, which is alright with me. All that snow on the hills needs to melt so I can make it to the mountain trailheads. Global warming my foot.

Looking for scholarships for grad school has been pretty fruitless so far. Fastweb is just one big scam of an advertisement. I don't really have a problem investing 25k in tax-deductible loans for my future vocation, but I feel like I should look at least a little harder for some better options.

My current financial guru would disagree with me about the loans however. Mr. Dave Ramsey is my hero right now. He has given me hope for the future of my finances, and made being debt free feel attainable in a very simple way. Although I'm about to ignore him and take out more student loans. If you've never heard of the guy, you should read his book, the information really isn't new but if you're ready to hear it and make some changes it is very encouraging and empowering.


I think that's all for today. It appears that BO is finally getting some superdelegate momentum with the Edwards endorsement. I am looking forward to a race between him and McCain, and I hope they run with Billary's idea of having some moderatorless debates, I think that would be very interesting.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

bwahahaha. you've succumbed to the blogger! Incidentally, I have started a blogger as well.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian said...

Moderatorless debates ~ YES!!! I'd like to see BO stand on his own with out the teleprompter. Although he'd probably have an ear piece that has Elenor Clift on the other end feeding him his lefty dribble.

Get those loans. It is an investment. How can DR argue with that.

Caris Power said...

Sup Luke! Totally down with the Ramsey stuff too! My church is hosting his Financial Peace University courses. I'm going to take the fall series. I'm really excited. Everyone who has gone through his stuff feels completely different about their finances when they are done. Like they are controlling them rather than the finances controlling the people.

If you want to get in on the class, maybe with your girl, it's open to everyone. I think it will be a 13 class for only $100.

Peace,

Caris

Jacob said...

Beans and rice.