Friday, May 9, 2008

Back in Business

OK, I think I might be ready to get serious about this blogging thing. I have been working out of town at a cabin and staying out there for much of the week, and we just got the internets. So now I think I've got the time.

As much as I wanted to withhold judgment on the rev. Wright, I think it's pretty clear now that he's just in it for himself and wanted some of the spotlight. But we'll get back to politics in a bit. First to update on my life.

I just got officially accepted into Concordia University's Masters of Arts in Teaching program yesterday, now I've got to figure out how to pay for it. I start a new job June 25th, school would start at the end of August, be two evenings a week, one class at a time. The job is a desk one, which is new for me, but its really close in town. Which will be handy because I will most likely be carless. I sold my Tacoma and as gas keeps going up I am just de-motivated to buy a car. I'm considering trying to move in the next few months to save on rent, and most of all I'm dating a really awesome gal (http://roperfrenzy.livejournal.com/) and that is progressing to the point where its near time to consider specific future plans.

Whew.

That's the short of it, I'm sure more details will come out soon. I've got quite a few rants stored up that are also assuredly coming soon, regarding politics, money, relationships, etc. So hopefully I'll be sticking my foot in my mouth in a way that is beneficial to others. Peace.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Nice buddy. On the subject of gas, the little vehicle which I have that you don't understand why Oregonians would ever have one = 57 miles to the gallon.

Luke of Hazard said...

Yeah, in thinking about potential vehicles my mind gets in an endless loop considering small pickup to minivan to wagon to subcompact to scooter to bicycle and back to small pickup, and nothing really stands out. But 57 is a very good reason in its favor. And rain is very good in objection.

Wesly Smith said...

"consider specific future plans"

Well alright then.