Saturday, September 20, 2008

laughing all the way to the bank

WaMu reduced the amount you can take out at an ATM from 400 to 100. I think I'm moving to a credit union, probably OnPoint or FirstTech. I took some lettuce out today but I didn't get to opening one yet, gotta ponder where for a bit.

Meanwhile, I'm sure there are numerous groups of Wall Street uppity's sitting in their obsene homes drinking obsene wines yukking it up as they've played chicken with the Fed and won. Their bad debt got bought up by all of us, and the good ole' boy party gets to continue. Sure of few of them are now under Federal control which will put a knot in their undies soon, but right now they don't really care because I'm sure that each of them personally got paid handsomely by some liar's scheme. The big gambit was won. And I say revolution.

Eventually the price of gold will collapse, and then all the crazies will march on Washington and New York and try something nuts because they can't buy a damn loaf of bread for their gold.

But for now I'm almost ready to calm down. I'm actually pretty chill and a voice of reason in real crisis if you can believe that, this didn't get to that point. But there is reason to sound the alarms, taxpayers are footing the bill and the real crisis will be any number of years away. But that was the fail safe point, there are no further lines of defense. And I really don't feel like fundamental lessons regarding greed and corruption were learned by anybody. So I'm still concerned, but I'm not ready to get to buying tuna and Twinkies quite yet. There's still time to get solar panels installed on your roof for a reasonable price, which is good.

Ultimately I feel like God is giving the USA chances to turn from our ways, and we may yet. We're certainly not all bad, but the cup of unrighteousness is filling. I just don't have much confidence in this group to lay down our power. I'm convinced it's the only way to survive.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I recommend Advantis Credit Union. I get like 5.5% on the balance in my checking account. I actually use it as my savings account too, and I use quicken to keep the money seperated out so I don't spend the "savings" money. There are a few requirements for the high interest rate, so check into those.

Wesly Smith said...

+1 on Advantis. Their fusion checking account rocks (though it's only 5.2% now).

For the record though, I liked them better back in the day when they were PACE Credit Union, before they merged and tried to become a big, fancy-pants credit union/bank.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that does sound awesome. I already opened an account at First Tech, but I haven't switched anything yet, and this is fairly convincing. The only thing is they don't have saturday hours, but I think it would probably still be worth it. And there's a downtown and Lloyd center branch. Hmmmmm.

And I can't log in at work.

Paulos said...

I like First tech, mostly because they are a small operation and not a sluggish beast like a big bank. And thus they actually listen to customers even if I reply to a spam email I tend to get a reply

Paulos said...

As for WAMU, what I understand is that their stock dropped 91% in a day, and the fed take over was really just handing them off to some wall street financial company that bought them for pennies on the dollar.