Monday, September 29, 2008

they really said no...

I hope it turns out to be a meaningful defeat, but I doubt it. My congressman voted no, how did yours do? Ron Paul had some good thoughts. So did...Michael Moore. (thanks drudge)

I just can't believe that the house of representative performed exactly as the constitution intended them to. With their finger closely on the pulse of their constituents, because they will get voted out if they ignore the clear will of the people. Now that's an oversimplification, but it was certainly a big factor. Now we get to watch as the fat cats that are about to get paid promise to give congress a cut, and it'll pass. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully I'll turn this into a post later, but this appears to be an excellent timeline/explaination of the mess.

http://www.reason.com/news/show/129158.html