Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The bald faced truth

Well Canzano didn't let me down today. On his show this afternoon he said that he was thinking about Javon Walker last night and then proceeded to lay out pretty much the same deep theory that I was pushing yesterday, that some part of Javon felt guilty that it wasn't him that died back in Denver last year. Thank you John, I'm not crazy.

I think the Blazers need D.J. Augustin from the draft this year. It seems unlikely he will slip to #13, but dude is a pure point guard who can dribble and think, and I think he'll be really good on the right team.

It appears that western oil companies will soon begin to directly profit from the war in Iraq, returning to a position they left 36 years ago when Saddam came to power. Hmmmm. This seems like just the kind of meaningful event that the puppet masters prevent from becoming big news.

And if we thought measure 11's mandatory sentencing was a bit harsh, check out this kid who's in a world of hurt. I don't have much sympathy for the rich turd, but 38 years seems beyond harsh.

Not a whole lot interesting on the election front as far as I can tell. BO and McCain are slowly converging in my mind, BO has fundraised too well to not have sold his soul. Scott Adams continues to do a very good job of analysis, and I'm not too interested in putting myself out there for either dude. My hope is not with politics, it is an entertaining as sports sometimes and more important, but only Jesus gives me change that works for me.

No comments: