Wednesday, June 18, 2008

More Little Shack pics

More Little Shack pics. It is all buttoned up now, perhaps someday the interiors will be done, but I'm outta here after this week. We actually found some big cedar beams that were holding up the old barn that might be able to be resawn into 1x12's perfect for the inside, but that will be another time.

Since it's so small it's pretty difficult to take a picture of the inside, we extended the loft floor area to about 130 sf and decided how to do the ladder. I think it turned out well.

I really like the railing, it's all clear cedar save the pressure treated, and quite solid.

Don't look too close at the scaffolding, although I'm sure that's an approved method in some country somewhere. Or just anywhere where you are working by yourself. I sure wouldn't have anybody else crawl up on it.

I don't think that I'd quite posted a pic of the view from the deck yet.

And one day we had quite the adventure backing up the flatbed trailer in the mud. The wheelbase for the trailer is just enough wider than that of the tractor, and the ruts just deep enough and slippery, that when it gets off course it is pretty much impossible to correct.

And I refuse to spend the time trying to line up the pics with these words. Or essentially learn anything new as long as I'm using this lappy. Isaac has got me convinced that whenever I get a new machine to let him set up Ubuntu with Windows as a little slave on a partition or something. And that's when I'll spend lots of time learning new things, but this old dog doesn't have any new tricks in her, it just takes waaaay too long.























3 comments:

Unknown said...

So, as a latecomer, I'm not entirely familiar with what this shack is. Where is it? What's it for? Why are you building it?

Luke of Hazard said...

Well... First you're not late, this party is just starting.

I've been so far intentionally a bit vague as to where I am, big brother has no place here, and the satellites are closing in. But it is in essentially the same location as the Attack this weekend.

The what and the why are due to a promise made from my boss to his spouse a few years back, this is the fulfillment of that. I think it will be used as an art studio/place of refuge for the wife/more energy efficient cabin for winter use due to it's small size.

We just roll with what comes to us around here, don't worry too much about hard questions, and somehow they tend to work themselves out. I'm sorry you can't come out to see it, but you do have a good excuse. Just don't read Luke 14:20. :)

Unknown said...

Cute, Hazard.