Thursday, June 19, 2008

BO says FU

Alright Obama, I see how it is. I can take a hint. You think you don't need me. By declining the public financing system, I see you don't want my help. And you no longer have it.

I learned the most significant thing about your character today. I learned that when offered the ring of power and all the money behind it, unlike Galadriel, you will take it, rather than seek to destroy it. I don't like it that you think this election can be bought.

With such a large spending advantage, you are the clear front-runner now. I don't see how you can lose. But the Giants did beat the Patriots, so I suppose anything can happen.

I re-registered and voted for you in the primary, because I felt you needed my help to defeat Billary. I do have an unhealthy level of resentment for those two. But that battle is now won. And I've grown tired of trying to defend you.

I've got nobody's back now, and thats the way it should be in politics. I believe in change, every single day. We'll see how I feel come November 4. But it is clear now that who wins is not such a big deal to my life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ruth says FU

Luke, your anger/disappointment/heartache over Barack angers/disappoints/heartaches me.

It's good to be critical. It's also good, perhaps even better, to be hopeful. At least I think hopefulness could make you a happier person.

Don't make yourself miserable. I'm just saying.

Brian said...

You tell him Luke.

Unknown said...

I must confess, I really have no idea what this decisions means or the implications of it.

I do know that everyone says I need should be hopeful...I'm still waiting to find out what I'm supposed to be hoping for.