Thursday, June 19, 2008

A question

I've had this thought sloshing around in the back of my head for a while now, and it persists as I continue to waste countless hours reading about nothing on the internets. It's a theory really, and I need you to come up with only one good counter-example to blow it apart.

It is this: Whatever you are doing, at that moment it is the most important thing to you.

I want good rebuttals. I decided this was true thinking about how come I don't read my Bible and yet read lots of ESPN and blogs. But I think it's also true in many other areas. Certainly eating, sleeping, and excreting.

For work one must look at the big picture, it is important for me to have money so that I can pay my bills etc, and personally I often find work enjoyable and get to choose what order I do things in to some degree.

Spending time with friends also works as far as I can tell. What else is there that I've missed? I think this concept works to eliminate excuses, although so far it hasn't helped my time management.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

you blog SO MUCH. holy crap. I can hardly keep up.
anywho. what's up with the flip flopping on barack? you realize that he's not spending his millions but millions he raised, right? so... in effect, it could be your money. so I guess I'm at a loss.
Also. the whole whatever you're doing is the most important thing to you at that moment. well. when you're driving to see ginny, is the driving the most important thing, or is getting to ginny, the end goal, the most important thing?
for the most part, I would agree with you... its a time management issue of wasting time on the internets and then saying that you don't have enough time to read your bible/pray/etc. you being me.
but you wanted a rebuttal. so there it is.
i think thats all I have in response to your last billion posts.
the BEST part about this response is that my little word verification says "upwee"