Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Job... begin

So I started a new phase of employment in my life today. My trip to back to the OSU career fair during my winter dry spell came to fruition today. And it looks like it is going to work out super nice. Seems like good people, I was impressed with how organized the company is, my health insurance starts instantly, I probably won't have to buy a vehicle, they do some 401-k matching also starting immediately, the work hours can be a little flexible each day, they'll be paying my cell phone bill, and... yeah. It just seems like a good fit.

I walked there this morning. I was going to take the bus, but Powell was all backed up like crazy, so I hoofed the two miles. And it worked out just fine.

My title is Building Science Consultant. I'll be doing some site visits, taking pictures and writing reports to help HOA's in litigation against their builder on account of faulty workmanship or materials when their windows or anything is leaking and causing damage. I'm pretty excited.

And props to go to my Maker, thank you Jesus for working this all out so far so well. I'm somehow surprised when You take care of me, but thank you.

3 comments: