Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My house wishlist

I like to check RMLS from time to time to keep tabs on the housing market. Things are looking better for me every time, this recession isn't all that bad. I need people to start panicking. I won't be in position to pounce on something for a while, but I'll know when to jump when it's time. I've got a few items I'm looking for:

under $200k
Built prior to the 70's
two toilets
basement, hopefully unfinished
garage, hopefully detached
kitchen that feels open, or suitable walls to demolish to make it so
gas to the house, so Ginny can have her range eventually
old fir hardwood floors
functional wood burning fireplace

Location deserves it's own paragraph. I'm not too hot on St. Johns, but I'd live there. I like the area around Dave's/my parents but it is getting out of my price range fast. I like Parkrose a bit for it's low cost and larger lots, but it's a way's out. Lents is supposed to be the next area to experience economic growth, but it'd be a tough five years before then. But I'm open to pretty much any deal east of the Willamette.

The best I could find today was ML#8038619. 52nd and Alberta. Cully neighborhood. Seems like a good compromise location to me. Good bike riding spot. But mostly I need to ride the thin line of recession, just good enough so that I still have work but not so good that things start taking off like crazy again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Hotchkiss,

I love that you are blogging. Since I don't get to see you very often, it does my heart good to take a break from work and peer into the brain of Luke...hope all is well.

Stephanie said...

dude. check out this one:
http://www.johnlscott.com/propertydetail.aspx?GroupID=67567167&ListingID=31876781&Img=2
So its a little more than 200... and has only one bathroom... but seriously. you'd be neighbors with tone and sarah.

Luke of Hazard said...

Well, strangely the house that steph attempted to link to I had come across on my own as well, ML#8046334, and it does look really really good. At least from the outside. I wish it was time.

And you look those up on rmls.com for those that don't know yet.